Sunday, June 14, 2009

BK Day Four

Beer Garden in Queens.

Ok day four turned out to be a good day. I woke up and went into the city with Kate. She had some errands to run so I tagged along. After getting her things done she headed off to work and I headed off to get lunch. I went to Republic which is an amazing Thai restaurant right next to Union Square. After trying to be lady like while eating pad-thai with chopstick I discovered the bartender was staring at me. This made me a lot self-conscious so I packed up my food and headed on. Well not before the bartender came up to me and said I looked like a younger version of Kim Cattrall and he thought it was funny that my name was Samantha. In case you don't know I get this almost everyday of my life, so no surprises here.

I leave Republic and walk around Union Square, there's a arts and craft fair going. I leave with nothing with took a great deal of self control. I head to Kate's work just to drop off some leftovers, she talks me into trying on a million different pairs of jeans. I stay and talk and hang for a bit and then Grace Marie calls. I'm a little tired so I head back to BK for a nap.

Woke up by my phone ringing and text messages blowing up my piece. I answer the phone to hear Grace Marie telling me I better come to the beer gardens or she's not going to be my friend anymore. I get up, check my hair, brush my teeth and head out on a search for a cab. Bedford Ave. is blocked off due to a art fair and I become aware that finding a cab in BK at 3 in the afternoon is impossible. I get on the subway. I go to fifth ave. hail a cab head to Queens.

The beer garden, what an amazing place. When entering the bar it looks like any other run down piece of crap bar but then the doors swing open and a glorious field filled with picnic tables, shade trees and stage with dance space. We sit, it was friend Rose's birthday. We play a lot of asshole we interupt a lot of games of beer pong. We sing along to the band, they played really great drinking music. We get really drunk.

It is now 10:20 Grace Marie leaves, why I did not go with her I have no idea. I stay, I drink more, I play more asshole. I get more drunk. I leave around 11:00. On my mission to the subway I have some fun encounters. I had received directions from Rose on how to get back to BK from Queens via subway so I felt pretty confident. I'm walking, I'm looking for the streets, I'm feeling confident. I find the subway. I start on my merry way back to BK. Note to anyone who plans on riding the subway do not do it drunk.

I finally make it back to BK around 12am. I call JC, no answer, I call Kate I meet up with them. We go to a bar, I'm already in hangover mode so I opt to go home early. I get home I go to sleep. I wake up for another adventurous day in BK.

No comments: