Thursday, June 4, 2009

BK Day One

My trip to 'the city that never sleeps' started out a bit disturbing. As I sit, in and out of sleep, in seat A of row 13 on flight 4002 I catch a whiff of what was going down to the right of me, in the laboratory. As the smell finally drifts away from me I start reading '125 ways to get the pleasure you need.' I'm on number 76 when the train starts to arrive, yes the laboratory train. I think I counted 27 of the 37 people on flight 4002 went to the labs at least once. All I could say to the girl next to me was "It's an 1.5 hour flight, come on people!" She laughed.

I land, I escape the lingering aroma of what seat B row 9 left behind for all to enjoy. Thanks, thanks for the hour of plugging my nose. After claiming my bag I met up with Omar (my driver). We rode in silence.

I arrived at S4th and Berry, Wburg BK where Kate met Omar and I out front of her two-story apartment, where apparently she has a really hot neighbor. We rush inside to get me in my outfit. And this was the start of a glorious afternoon dressing up like American Apparel models.

The afternoon consisted of hanging in Upper Eastside, dressed in our gym-clothes best playing field day. We tried our hand at jump rope - fail, we tried softball - fail, we tried soccer - simi-fail and then frisbee - epic fail. we gave up and headed home to bk.

After stopping for happy hour we arrive back at the circus tent (aka Kate's house). Where I still haven't spotter next-door hottie. We come to a consensus that naps are indeed a most. We nap, and nap and nap some more. Field day really took it out of us.

After getting dressed and opening presents (Sassy Sarah Sasser celebrated her 21 last night!) we headed down to Buddakon in Meat Packing. In case you didn't know Buddakon is the place Carrie and Big have their rehearsal dinner in 'Sex in the City' the movie. It was nice, I wasn't that impressed. I did find it funny that a waiter from SC was trying to get us to go sing karaoke with the staff - we didn't need a karaoke bar last night, we had the backseat of the cab and a radio!

After dinner we headed to Lower Eastside for drinks and dancing. First stop: Pianos where we took shots with the bartender and danced with a 35yr old coked up obese woman. Second stop: Lit Lounge where we all became star struck when we turn and super model, cover of vogue ... etc etc was standing right in front of us. I had to pick Kate's mouth up off the floor. They met boys, they danced with boys, they kissed boys and I, well I was exhausted and not feeling any of those three activities. Third/Last stop: Beauty Bar where it was dead but we danced anyways. The dj's where insane, they were working it harder than anyone in the bar. Sarah had fun, she was enjoying herself.

After an eventful night it was time to go home. This is when the microwave adventure began. Kathleen and I, not completely sober, tried to carry a microwave up to their kitchen, in the act we manage to drop it about six different times, but she was determined.

After the microwave debocle we were summoned upstairs. Sarah, standing naked in the hallway, greeting us with "are you guys turned on? hey, ya'll are you turned on?" probably the hardest I've laughed in a while. Thank you Sassy Sarah Sasser.

I say goodnight BK until tomorrow. Maybe I'll spot the hot neighbor before my next post! :)

No comments: