Wednesday, June 10, 2009

BK Day Three

... I will write about this soon, when my days stop turning into nights so quickly. Until then I will give you a brief teaser: Day three started like any other day, waking up in LES at 2:30 in the afternoon, laying around watching Sister-Sister until 3p.m and then discovering it is a horrible day outside. I get dress, in the clothes I was wearing the night before and manage to find my way down the steep, narrow, winding staircase in J.C.'s apartment building. I make it out onto the streets of NYC, after freezing my ass off for about 5 blocks we hit a K-Mart!

More to come.

Ok, finally I feel the start of maybe some procrastinating but mostly free time. So my third day in the city that never sleeps began pretty late into the afternoon. After watching a jaw-dropping performance by Pink on thefuse J.C. and I decided we should probably go get some food. After looking outside and seeing nothing but clouds, rain and wind I try to man-up and bare the frigid weather, my manly-ness lasts five blocks.

We hit up a K-Mart, they have crop-jackets for $9 - score. I make my first purchase of the day and we go on our merry way. We walk a bit, trying to keep the umbrella (ella ella ey) in tack is quite a task. the wind is horrible. the umbrella last until our lunch destination, some sandwich place in east village. i get a really cute, but not at all fulfilling basil wrap thing. we exit into the rain storm once more. we continue to walk around aimlessly. the umbrella finally breaks at 15th and 5th (near Kate's job). we ditch the ella and head on.

powering through the rain we spend the rest of the day going in and out of vintage shops, thrift stores, ice-cream and pizza places. as we're heading to happy hour at lit lounge we pass by a psychic and a pizza place (2 slices and a can cola for $2.75) we can't miss either. J.C. ask me if I wanted to get my fortune told before or after happy hour, of course I say after (tipsy psychic encounters, score!)

we go to lit lounge, have two drinks, walk to the psychic get my palms read. i thought the experience was awesome, she was pretty cool. i don't know how much of it was true but either way it was interesting. i'd like to believe at least some of it will happen, like the part when she said i will live to be 87 yrs. old (heck yes i'm going to be the grumpiest old lady ever!)

we leave the psychic catch a cab to American Apparel because we are suppose to meet some of our friends at pianos but i'm in the clothes i was in when they all left me the night before, that would of been a little weird. I grab an outfit we jet off to the bar.

meet joseph in the back room where this lady (the lead singer to this band) is singing a song about lube. she apparently really likes lube and needs it all the time. we leave that comedic performance and head upstairs to see another interesting duo. this couple was a singing duo - opera and accordion. i thought: score!

we drink more, we leave, we go back to J.C.s apartment, we chill, we watch sister-sister (second best show on Tv. next to moesha) i fall asleep, then i leave to go back to b.k. for the night. never to see j.c again, well at least for the remainder of my trip to NYC.

b.k. = sausage party/lame. i go back to the house in order to rest and change. meet back up with kate and friends we go to a bar, i don't have fun, i leave. sleep in until like 11am.

Spotted the backside of hott neighbor (hn). he was sneaking in with a certain roomie of kates late last night. i'll see more of him tomorrow, hopefully! :)

No comments: